The divisions for Winter 2017 were confirmed at Monday night's AGM.
RM1A will contain the First Team along with:
- Bramford Cock - Met during 2012/2013 as Playford made a challenge for the RM2 title. Both the fixtures were mid-week affairs, Bramford winning 4-1 at home, before a spirited 1-1 draw in the return at farlingaye. Bramford won the title without losing a game. Finished 3rd in the Premier Division in 2013/2014 and 2014/2015, only relegated last season.
- Holbrook Swan - We have only faced Holbrook's First Team in friendly matches. However there have been five meetings with their Reserves. Playford remain unbeaten, winning four of the five. The draw being the teams only 0-0 draw.
- Ipswich Thistle - Faced them in the Spring elite division of 2016, finishing one place below them, losing both fixtures 4-1 and 4-2
- Martlesham Old Boys - There was a 14 year gap between last season's games and the previous two meetings and now we could face them less than six months later. Playford won both, close, matches last season, 3-2 and 2-1.
Walton Wanderers - Besides Playford the only other team with no Premier Division experience. They won the minor division last Spring without losing a game, including two good wins against Playford 5-1 and 4-1.
Only Pauls (MB1A), Westbourne Warriors (RM2A) and Shotley Rose (MB2A) have been relegated from the Premier Division in the last five seasons and are not in the First Team's division.
RM2A will contain the Reserves along with:
- Amboed - A new team for the Reserves to pit themselves against.
- Capel Plough - Beaten twice by the First Team last season as they were relegated.
- Chantry Phoenix - Have faced the First Team four times winning twice and losing twice.
- Elite 405 - They drew with the Reserves in a pre-season friendly last season. Otherwise they have won two and lost two against the First Team.
- Westbourne - They have Premier Division experience having been demoted in 2016. They finished third in their Elite division in 2017. The First Team failed to beat them in 2014/2015.